The CNC/CIE is the collective Canadian voice of people interested in the science and art of light and lighting. Membership is open to anyone interested in the any aspect of lighting including vision, photometry, colorimetry, photobiology and the application of these to the use of light and lighting both indoors and out.
The 11th Biennial Joint Meeting of the CIE-USNC and CNC/CIE was held at the National Institute of Standards & Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, October 3-4, 2017. Select presentations and posters from the Technical Session on October 3rd and the 2017 Annual Report from the CNC/CIE 62nd Anuual Meeting on October 4th are now available.
The new CNC/CIE Code of Procedure is now available. Members are encouraged to review it in order to understand our new structure.
First new CIE Topical Conference: “CIE 2018 Smart Lighting” and associated tutorials on “Colour Vision and Healthful Lighting”. April 24-28, 2018,Taipei, Taiwan.
ISO/TC 274 Events
The Annual Meeting of ISO/TC 274 will take place 31 May to 1 June at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. ISO/TC 274 Working Groups will meet prior to the Annual Meeting on May 29th to 30th. For further information on ISO/TC 274 visit the Standards Council of Canada website.
New CIE publications
CIE documents available without charge:
The electronic version of CIE S 017/E: 2011: ILV: International Lighting Vocabulary
Summaries of the latest CIE standards and reports:
- Guide on the Limitation of the Effects of Obtrusive Light from Outdoor Lighting Installations, 2nd Edition
- Lighting for Older People and People with Visual Impairment in Buildings
- High-Speed Testing Methods for LEDs
- Interim Recommendation for Practical Application of the CIE System for Mesopic Photometry in Outdoor Lighting
- ISO/CIE 11664-5:2016 Colorimetry - Part 5: CIE 1976 L*u*v* colour space and u', v' uniform chromaticity scale diagram